POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : dot-notation not allowed in functions? : Re: dot-notation not allowed in functions? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 08:38:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dot-notation not allowed in functions?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 30 Jul 2018 11:25:00
Message: <web.5b5f2d18497a6101c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> > Some features implemented in the normal parser never made it into the
> > functions parser.

I actually just ran across this last night - had to unravel quite a few things
to actually figure out what was wrong.

I think my first instinct might be to access the function via a macro, where the
macro first #local(ly) declares some variables
#local a = val.x;
and then uses those variables in a function call.

I ran into this while also grappling with the different interpretations of x, y,
and z (and u and v) in isosurface and parametric function blocks.  I will post a
request to clarify in another thread.