POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : UV Repeat in image_map : Re: UV Repeat in image_map Server Time
29 Apr 2024 02:56:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UV Repeat in image_map
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 30 Jan 2018 15:20:00
Message: <web.5a70d2b212d0a639c437ac910@news.povray.org>
I think there ought to be a way.

Not sure if there's a more elegant way, but look at
a) making a texture that's the u&v repeat of the image_map
b) making a texture where there's a u-strip of texture a, and the rest is clear

I think b might be accomplished with a function based pigment where you'd use
select() and abs (x [or y]) to switch between the image part and the clear part.

That's the best I can do off the top of my head without POV-Ray in front of me.