POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crushed box corner : Crushed box corner Server Time
29 Apr 2024 08:57:09 EDT (-0400)
  Crushed box corner
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 Jan 2018 09:10:01
Message: <web.5a6f2aee622a77f5c437ac910@news.povray.org>
I'm looking to model a crushed box corner.

This is likely something trivial to do in a mesh-based package like Blender,
etc, but it seems to me to be rather complicated to work out the mechanism by
which to model the folding of the faces and especially the corner - where there
is by necessity actual crushing.

I was wondering if anyone's ever thought about, read about, or experimentes with
deforming a mesh like this.

The only thing I've found so far that's even remotely similar is "mesh
crumpling" by Paul Bourke:
http://paulbourke.net/geometry/polygonmesh/

But that's not anything like crushing a corner in one direction.