POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : new 3.71 beta features : new 3.71 beta features Server Time
12 May 2024 10:45:34 EDT (-0400)
  new 3.71 beta features
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Jan 2017 08:00:00
Message: <web.5888a06373ecef6dc437ac910@news.povray.org>
Has anyone had a chance to implement any of these yet?

It would be nice to have a collection of short code snippets exemplifying new
features and syntaxes for quick reference, since there seem to be a lot of new
goodies to try out!

There were a few examples provided in the release notes - thank you for that.
Other features' existence was only mentioned, with no "and here's how you'd use
that..." which can save LOTS of time and spark new ideas.

I was reading the changes, and at the moment was specifically interested in:
image metadata
tuple style variables
variable size arrays
and
render block size

I'm sure there are some pretty sweet other improvements that I missed while
skimming through it all  :O

A big thanks to the POV development team for all of the continued fixes and
improvements  :)