POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : image_map and eval_pigment : image_map and eval_pigment Server Time
11 May 2024 12:30:26 EDT (-0400)
  image_map and eval_pigment
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Dec 2016 12:45:00
Message: <web.5845a6914c56cb15c437ac910@news.povray.org>
Over the weekend, I was experimenting with using image rgb values to control the
placement and size of primitives in a scene.

I had trouble (as usual), and noticed that there are probably a lot of things
that might affect how the image is scanned.
including "once" messed things up, and I had insurmountable problems writing my
own eval_pigment scene from scratch, which I thought unusual, since I've done it
in the past for TINA-CHeP, and what I was writing didn't seem any different than
TdG's macros and test scenes.

I have since used Thomas' code as a base to accomplish what I want to do, but
I'm hoping for a clearer understanding of how it all works.

I'll have to post the code (it's on my computer at home) so someone can point
out where it all went horribly awry.  Sorry   :O

Until then, I was hoping that someone could provide some illuminating
explanation, demonstration, diagram, or code to show how modifying the image_map
pigment affects how eval_pigment sees the image.