POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problems with df3 generation with makecloud2 : Problems with df3 generation with makecloud2 Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:38:49 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with df3 generation with makecloud2
From: MichaelJF
Date: 24 Sep 2013 15:00:01
Message: <web.5241e0951ddd967cb74658c80@news.povray.org>
I tried to generate my own df3 ghost with Gill Trans makecloud makro but
encountered the following problem.

I have a figure (the ghost itself), its eyes, a clothing and its hair. That are
four meshes. I closed all holes very carefully with Meshlab and inspected the
results with Wings. No holes remained. Then I put the objects after the usual
conversion with PoseRay into the makecloud-macro having additional very small
black spheres at the corners of the bounding box of the whole figure (to ease
the recomposition of the four resulting df3 files and the rescaling). Now I
observe that the last frame with an intersection of the object is repeated until
the end of the animation. If I stop the animation and start it again with a
higher frame_number I have the expected black screen after the pass of the
object. Has someone of you ever experienced such an odd behaviour?

Best regards,
Michael