POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Randomly timed events : Re: Randomly timed events Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Randomly timed events
From: Stephen
Date: 29 Aug 2013 13:15:01
Message: <web.521f8153fc2c9d36e426a2320@news.povray.org>
> I'm trying to do a quick and dirty simulation of lightning flashes with
> momentarily appearing point light_sources in a scene,

[snip]

> Has anyone worked with this type of thing before?
> Helpful suggestions?

I did a scene with lightning flashes, a few years ago. I wanted the flashes to
appear at the correct place in the animation. So they were not random. I did
find that single flash in one frame was singularly unimpressive. So I made each
flash consist of several lit frames followed by a gap then several more.

As for trying to get rand and clock to match up. Best of luck there. ;-)

The variable final_frame is useful in these occasions to give you a way of
working out where in the animation your flashes will be.

Stephen