POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Failure : Failure Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:30:32 EDT (-0400)
  Failure
From: Russell Towle
Date: 27 Mar 2008 16:25:00
Message: <web.47ec1055ee263a5da5917d30@news.povray.org>
Hey,

The library is a great idea. However ...

After my third failure to upload my star polygon macro, I am frustrated.

Apparently, one has to supply empty text files, one of which has to do with
non-existent prerequisites?

Apparently, everyone in the world uses Windows? No, that is not true. But this
library blithely assumes so.

I took a look at one of the library's objects, the "buckyball." Perhaps it is
fully-compliant with the library's standards. Its documentation is not
compliant with reality.

Buckminster Fuller did not invent the buckyball, which, taken as a polyhedron,
is one of the thirteen Archimedean Solids, the Truncated Icosahedron. Rather,
Fuller is credited with inventing the geodesic dome, which has many variations,
among which are those domes based upon the Platonic icosahedron or pentagonal
dodecahedron.