POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Failure Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:54:09 EDT (-0400)
  Failure (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Russell Towle
Subject: Failure
Date: 27 Mar 2008 16:25:00
Message: <web.47ec1055ee263a5da5917d30@news.povray.org>
Hey,

The library is a great idea. However ...

After my third failure to upload my star polygon macro, I am frustrated.

Apparently, one has to supply empty text files, one of which has to do with
non-existent prerequisites?

Apparently, everyone in the world uses Windows? No, that is not true. But this
library blithely assumes so.

I took a look at one of the library's objects, the "buckyball." Perhaps it is
fully-compliant with the library's standards. Its documentation is not
compliant with reality.

Buckminster Fuller did not invent the buckyball, which, taken as a polyhedron,
is one of the thirteen Archimedean Solids, the Truncated Icosahedron. Rather,
Fuller is credited with inventing the geodesic dome, which has many variations,
among which are those domes based upon the Platonic icosahedron or pentagonal
dodecahedron.

Post a reply to this message

Russell Towle <rto### [at] inreachcom> wrote:
> Apparently, one has to supply empty text files, one of which has to do with
> non-existent prerequisites?

  I have never needed to supply any empty text files. I have never put
anything in the prerequisites. I haven't had problems.

> Apparently, everyone in the world uses Windows? No, that is not true. But this
> library blithely assumes so.

  How so?

> I took a look at one of the library's objects, the "buckyball." Perhaps it is
> fully-compliant with the library's standards. Its documentation is not
> compliant with reality.

> Buckminster Fuller did not invent the buckyball, which, taken as a polyhedron,
> is one of the thirteen Archimedean Solids, the Truncated Icosahedron. Rather,
> Fuller is credited with inventing the geodesic dome, which has many variations,
> among which are those domes based upon the Platonic icosahedron or pentagonal
> dodecahedron.

  I don't really understand your point. So maybe the author made a small
attribution mistake in the documentation. How does that make anything a
failure?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message