POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Frustrating Sphere Sweep Artifacts : Re: Frustrating Sphere Sweep Artifacts Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:30:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frustrating Sphere Sweep Artifacts
From: Random Pete
Date: 27 Sep 2006 09:45:00
Message: <web.451a7fdc950a548b9cf609e10@news.povray.org>
> "Mike" <inf### [at] mydisorg> wrote:
> > hi, I keep getting little artifacts when rendering long sphere sweeps. Any
> > ideas/suggestions?

I've been having similar problems! However I ran across this link from Mike
Williams:
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/more.htm

If you look at the very end of the page he has a macro for download which
will use an isosurface to create a sweep object from a spline. This is a
lot more flexible than a sphere_sweep and should lose those annoying
artifacts ;)

Pete