POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radosity, memory, and always resample : Re: Radosity, memory, and always resample Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:33:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radosity, memory, and always resample
From: P Brewer
Date: 23 Jun 2006 11:55:00
Message: <web.449c0ec180eb3ffe8af060f60@news.povray.org>
Here's my current radiosity block that crashed:

global_settings {
    radiosity {
      pretrace_start 0.1
      pretrace_end   0.001
      count 50

      nearest_count 5
      error_bound .15
      recursion_limit 1

      low_error_factor .01
      gray_threshold 0.0
      minimum_reuse 0.015
      brightness 1

      adc_bailout 0.01/2

      normal on
      adaptive 1

      save_file "golf_rad.rad"

  }}

The scene consists of three golf balls and a putter sitting on a 2000 blade
square patch of grass mesh copied 580 times to fill the visible scene. I'm
using a focal blur of 90 samples, and the above radiosity. I'm rendering at
1680x1050. Is there any improvement I can make to my radiosity settings to
ease memory usage?