POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Random placement of non-intersecting spheres : Re: Random placement of non-intersecting spheres Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random placement of non-intersecting spheres
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 May 2006 15:05:00
Message: <web.44720ad59128640fba6018cb0@news.povray.org>
This is quite fascinating! A "proximity detector" for placing random
objects. Thanks, guys, for going into such detail, both here and in
binaries:images. I see a lot of uses for the fundamental idea. The
challenge now (for me) is to adapt the concept to irregular surfaces like
HFs and isosurfaces. (Rather than use JC's  Repartition macro referenced
over in binaries:images, I think I'll try coming up with something of my
own--which is always more fun!) Right now, the optimization ideas aren't as
important to me as the basic concept.

Thanks again!

Ken W.