POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : HDR Probes applied to select objects only? : Re: HDR Probes applied to select objects only? Server Time
2 May 2024 08:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDR Probes applied to select objects only?
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 28 Apr 2006 14:05:00
Message: <web.445258b74a78764e34941c890@news.povray.org>
"PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> POV, or MegaPOV? And why? :)

MegaPov...and the second is a very good question.

I am creating an pretty sparse image of some objects sitting on a white
plane. I want the reflections that an HDR image gives to the objects, but I
only want the shadows of the objects on the plane.

Using HDR applies colors to the white plane that I don't want.

Perhaps a better way would be to use a texture on the plane that would not
be affected by the HDR? Any hints?

Tim