POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : irid turb transformation bug? : irid turb transformation bug? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  irid turb transformation bug?
From: Florian Siegmund
Date: 17 Feb 2006 04:15:00
Message: <web.43f59338697f4806668b7c3f0@news.povray.org>
I have an object and I assign iridescence with perturbed thickness to it.
When I transform this object somehow, only the object and its pigment are
transformed, but not the turbulence of the iridescence (what I would expect
though, if I didn't know that pov-ray doesn't transform finish).
So I imagine, when I want a metallic surface with a very thin (and
constant!) layer of oil (with some turbulence) to move around, that there
is no way to do this, beause the oil layer would move on the surface and
therefore would not remain constant.
Shouldn't there be a possibility to transform finish in this case?