POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : run povray from matlab : Re: run povray from matlab Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: run povray from matlab
From: shimon a10
Date: 11 Feb 2006 12:15:00
Message: <web.43ee1a0d3493ed525e75a8ff0@news.povray.org>
Florian Brucker <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Which version of POV-Ray, and especially under which operating system do
> you use?
>
> If you're using the official POV-Ray for Windows, then there's no way to
> stop the GUI (The POV-Ray Window) from appearing. You can use MegaPOV,
> though, which offers a command line executable IIRC. You can find
> MegaPOV at http://megapov.intetart.net.
>
> With MegaPOV and any other command line interface version (e.g. POV-Ray
> for Un*x/Linux), make sure you have set the -P option either via a
> command line parameter or in your povray.conf/povray.ini. Otherwise
> POV-Ray will wait for you to close the render window. To get rid off the
> render window completely, use the -D switch.
>
> Getting the gray level of a pixel in the image is probably easier if you
> use Matlab (as you're using it anyways). IIRC you're able to load images
> with Matlab (make sure you select the right output format in POV-Ray).
> Then you'll have access to the whole image data.
>
> Hope that helps, if not just ask some more :)
>
> Florian

Hi Florian and thans verymuch for your help.

1. I'm a new user and I need examples to understand you, if you do'nt mind.
2. first i'm using ver pov3.6 for windows, and i have xp windows version.
3. second, i want to run pov lot's of time from matlab, and every time the
   same pov file but with new values (which given from malab function) other
   the last time, without open the pov window.
4. i want to read the gray level values in the pov program.
5. again, lot's of thanks.

shimon