POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : coordinates simplified SCRIPT ? : Re: coordinates simplified SCRIPT ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:36:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: coordinates simplified SCRIPT ?
From: Roman Reiner
Date: 22 Jan 2006 10:45:00
Message: <web.43d3a746429a166b53199180@news.povray.org>
"stu" <stu### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> +++  Another replier agreeing with what I'd like to have, but dont :)
> Yes... x/right y/up z/deep  is how I learned it also... going by
> this produces very unpredicatable results with my currently installed
> POV however.  Thanks for your reply.  I'd say I'll look carefully
> at this, but after a dozen or more scripts, all with this same,
> I'd long accepted it was how the POV worked... maybe I've got a
> rare buggy version ?

x/right y/up z/deep is povraydefault but you can have your coordinatesystem
just as you prefer it by simply defining the up and right vector in the
camera statement appropriate (as long as they are perpendicular). that way
you can also switch righthanded/lefthanded coordinatesystem.

maybe it's really a buggy version. some code would help much to solve that

Regards Roman