POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : too many nested macros error : too many nested macros error Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:26 EDT (-0400)
  too many nested macros error
From: Roman Reiner
Date: 16 Jan 2006 10:00:00
Message: <web.43cbb3c1ddd9fc03e3ad8c630@news.povray.org>
Hi there!

Not sure if this belongs to the advanced section.
I wrote a macro that takes a set of points randomly located in the xz-plane
and triangulates them. Works fine up to about 37 to 39 points (depends on
their arrangement) but when I use more I get the error "too many nested
conditions or macros" at parsing. Searching this newsgroup I found a post
where using while-loops instead of recursive macros had been recommended.
Unfortunately the recursion was linear in that case (the macro calls itself
once) while my macro calls itself twice what results in a treelike
structure. I have no idea how to solve that problem apart from making the

not half the fun isn't it? ;)
Any advices?

Regards
Roman