POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : AI for Povray? : Re: AI for Povray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:33:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AI for Povray?
From: Matti Karnaattu
Date: 5 Jan 2006 20:15:00
Message: <web.43bdc46cd1a8490fe4dd611c0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   I cannot even begin to fathom why a raytracer would benefit from
> the A* or other algorithms.

If you like to animate a hamster, you can put your hamster object to scene
and start shooting it with virtual camera without telling hamster object
what to do on every frame.

Or how about putting some AI people to walking in city object?

I really hope that some day POV-Ray have object oriented SDL and collision
detection with physics... This kind of stuff is very useful to make
animations.

Matti