POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Removing radosity effects : Removing radosity effects Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Removing radosity effects
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 22 Dec 2005 11:50:01
Message: <web.43aad8489eb8ec8e6c4803960@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to remove an object from the effects of radiosity? I.e.,
having a high ambient sphere that doesn't act as a radiosity light source.
I know that it may be done by rendering the scene without the offending
object and using the saved rad file in the final scene.  But I was hoping
for a more direct way, similar to light groups, photons or no_image for
example. No_image doesn't work, as radiosity still sees the invisible
object.

-tgq