POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : #if(trace(....... : #if(trace(....... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:15 EDT (-0400)
  #if(trace(.......
From: Veggiet
Date: 22 Nov 2005 12:15:00
Message: <web.4383511392feae79e4087eb70@news.povray.org>
Hi,
   I'm not sure if this goes in the advanced category or not, but I'm having
a problem. I trying to make a snow casting macro, and for this I using
nested loops, but I don't want to have a blob created if a collision isn't
made so here is the conext:

[code]
#declare trval = trace(Objapply, coords1, coords2, <0,0,0>);
#if(trval != <0,0,0>)
#end
[/code]

It highlights the #if line and comes up with
"Parse Error: Float expected but vector or color expression found."

and If I change the expression to "(trval != 0)" It does the same thing.