POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Maximum amount of variables passed through command line : Maximum amount of variables passed through command line Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:58 EDT (-0400)
  Maximum amount of variables passed through command line
From: SSSUTM
Date: 26 Oct 2005 02:20:00
Message: <web.435f1ee853f9728336a46a7d0@news.povray.org>
I have a very urgent question. I want to know the maximum amount of
variables I can passed through the command line e.g shapes.pov +w100 +h100
#declare=posx=10 #declare=posY=100. Like posx and posy, how many such
variable declarations can I put in the command line?.Is there a limit or is
it unlimited?

Suppose, there was no restriction, what will be the side effect of pushing
very large amount of variables through the command line, in terms of
processing speed and quality?

I have a second question. I made some models in Moray with very smooth
curves using bezier. But when I exported the model to Povray, the curves
get distorted to such an extent that it was impossible to use it. Is there
any remedy to this?

Thanks in advance