POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Unregular Scaling of an object : Re: Unregular Scaling of an object Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unregular Scaling of an object
From: Kenneth
Date: 4 Oct 2005 14:35:00
Message: <web.4342ca1ef781fe2c55cad30e0@news.povray.org>
> > If you're working with more complex shapes,
> > you may have to model them as an isosurface, since you *can* apply any sort
> > of transformation you want to an isosurface function.
> >
> >  - Slime
> >  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

But isn't the isosurface shape itself always "constrained by" the box or
sphere CONTAINER that always has to accompany it? I admit I've only done a
few isosurface tests , but this container object *seems* to limit an
isosurface shape to being either "box-like" or "sphere-like." Am I wrong
about that? Is there actually a way around that limitation, to get much
more complex shapes and geometry?