POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Can I apply the camera transform matrix to objects? : Re: Can I apply the camera transform matrix to objects? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I apply the camera transform matrix to objects?
From: zachrahan
Date: 7 Sep 2005 14:25:00
Message: <web.431f2f759d3b692fb4adc67b0@news.povray.org>
Florian Brucker <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote:
> > I am still interested in learning how to get at the camera transform
> > matrix, because for my specific application that would be a lot more direct.
> > if anyone has any further details on how to get at this, I would really like
> > to know it.
>
> You'll have to compute it yourself, as there's no built-in feature to
> obtain it.
>

> Florian

That's what I initially thought after looking carefully through the
documentation...

However, in the second message in this thread
(http://news.povray.org/web.431de8479d3b692f52d573c20%40news.povray.org ),
Tor seemed to suggest that it was indeed possible to get at this matrix.
This must be some very obscure thing if it is available at all.

Does anyone have any idea what feature Tor was referring to?

Thanks,
Zach