POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Schrodinger Equation : Re: Schrodinger Equation Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Schrodinger Equation
From: Walid
Date: 24 Aug 2005 06:05:01
Message: <web.430c45f1f739809d666c08b10@news.povray.org>
"PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Walid" <wha### [at] onlinefr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking for a pov code helping me to create an animation simulating
> > the schrodinger's wave equation.
>
> Is this something like what you want to do?
>
> "QuantumWell displays a wave function in either a square well or a harmonic
> oscillator potential, evolving under a small perturbation that leaves the
> energy of the system unchanged, but is otherwise random. The contours are
> for the squared magnitude of the wave, with phase indicated by colour.
> "
>
> http://gregegan.customer.netspace.net.au/APPLETS/07/07.html
>
> Check out the whole site: it's brilliant!

Hi,

Thanks for the link.

While waiting for answers I pursued my research on the web and I fell
on a site which contains exactly the things I'm looking for:

http://panoramix.ift.uni.wroc.pl/~maq/eng/waves.php
http://panoramix.ift.uni.wroc.pl/~maq/eng/quantum.php

The programs are written by Maciej Matyka in C++ (not provided). However,
the executables are provided for download.

Is it possible to implement such simulations in povray?

Thanks again
Walid