POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Unregular Scaling of an object : Unregular Scaling of an object Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:44 EDT (-0400)
  Unregular Scaling of an object
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 2 Aug 2005 17:40:00
Message: <web.42efe76fe33937bbbca87dd00@news.povray.org>
Hi.

I want to apply an unregular scaling to an object.

Example:

I have a box, bottom on Y=0 and top on Y=1. I want to scale the box along
the Z-axis, but in a way that the top of the box (at Y=1) is scaled by the
factor of 2, and the bottom of the box (at Y=0) by the factor of 1 (no
scale).

The result should be a box whit a Z-side which is not anymore vertical but
diagonal.

I know that Povray knows macros and functions but I am not certain what
would be the solution.

Thank you very much for your help.

Sven Littkowski