POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Optical modelling of LEDs....real world problem! : Re: Optical modelling of LEDs....real world problem! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:35:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optical modelling of LEDs....real world problem!
From: greencandle
Date: 16 May 2005 11:05:01
Message: <web.4288b5ca311596f986b38f1a0@news.povray.org>
"rgbphil" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wondering if I could get some pointers to modelling optical components,
> specially LEDs. My 'Real World' problem is designing RGB LED clusters and I
> thought PovRay or MegaPOV could help. Have been having a bit of fun over at
> candlepower forums....try searching for posts from rgbphil.

I've modelled optical fibre with some success, but had to put up the number
of reflections allowed to a high number. Make the core slightly larger than
the cladding so as to get a "weld". Also, Winston cone type optical
concentrators

I think POV-RAY would make a good input definition for all sorts of 3-d
problems such as electromagnetic modelling or mechanical structure
analysis. Any insomniacs out there want to consider this?