POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : deletion during rendering of large objects : deletion during rendering of large objects Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:22 EDT (-0400)
  deletion during rendering of large objects
From: hans
Date: 14 Mar 2005 11:45:01
Message: <web.4235bf2e2a7923a299761390@news.povray.org>
Hi Folks,
I am interested in simulating coil structures. These are basically randomly
curved cylinders. I am using a program that is doing surface subdivision of
the object into smooth triangles. Providing me with a povray input script
that can reach up to 100.000 lines. So fare so good. I can rotate,
translate and render without a problem. Also defining objects consisting
out of 8 coils is possible. However, trying to group 10 coils is causing
problems. There is no error appearing during rendering but in the final
picture some coil parts are not displayed.

It would be very helpful if somebody could comment on this problem?
Thanks and cheers
Hans