POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : alpha shadow : alpha shadow Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  alpha shadow
From: Elias Pschernig
Date: 16 Feb 2005 08:10:01
Message: <web.421342a39456fee4f2a37e710@news.povray.org>
Hm, hard to explain.. basically, I'm trying to create a transparent picture,
which contains a shadow. The scene is just an object, which casts a shadow
to the (invisibe) floor. The object should be fully opaque in the output
(except anti-aliasing at the edge), and the shadow should be translucent
(and have a soft edge). Now - I tried around a bit with no_image and
no_shadow, but no success so far. The closest I could get was to use a
translucent plane, and cast the shadow onto it - but then the result will
nowhere be fully transparent.

Any hints?