POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : special effect: glass-sphere with alpha-background : special effect: glass-sphere with alpha-background Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  special effect: glass-sphere with alpha-background
From: Kaeru Gaman
Date: 26 Jan 2005 20:40:00
Message: <web.41f84623db5f32c5e7ac3cd10@news.povray.org>
I want to render a glass-sphere that refracts a detailed background.
however, this glass-sphere should be the only object visible,
the surrounding should be background-color that would be calculated
into full alpha transparency...
do you understand my problem?

for better understanding... the background should be a collection of
objects,
all in all about 2000 units wide and high... at least...
the glass-sphere is in front of this, with a radius of, let's say, 64
units...

i can put a box-with-a-hole around it, but this would only reder a specific
background-color, not the alpha-shading as if it was really background...

it is all about the AntiAlias I want to give it...

any idea?

brgds
Kaeru