POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Multiple Transparent Boxes : Re: Multiple Transparent Boxes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multiple Transparent Boxes
From: Redjack
Date: 11 Jan 2005 14:20:00
Message: <web.41e4267c8484d91e6b939f510@news.povray.org>
Vincent LE CHEVALIER <lec### [at] ctiecpfr> wrote:
> Redjack wrote:
>
> > "Redjack" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> >
> >>Now that should settle it :) Thanks a lot ! I'll try this evening and report
> >>my success (or not ;))
> >

> > It doesn't work! I don't know what to do now ... I'll post my complete
> > source code now, so that if you are able to spare the time, you could look
> > for errors in my architecture:
> >
> <snipped>
> > As you can see if you render it, the refracted mirage images are already ...
> > recognizable :|, but the floor at the bottom is so dark and I don't know
> > why !
> >

> I think your problem has to do with photons. When I disable them in your
> code, I get the result I think you expect... But I'm afraid I don't know
> what you could do in order to use photons...
> I might be having a similar problem, trying to render a big metallic
> blob on a white floor. The floor turns black in certain cases, and I
> don't know why...
>
> Sorry for not having a more helpful answer :-(
>
> --
> Vincent

That already is a great answer for the simple reason that it works :) Screw
photons - all I want is a bright floor ;)
Thanks a lot for helping y'all!

(Nevertheless, I must say, that POV-Ray is not very convenient for
simulating that mirage phenomenon (Although I don't know if other
raytracers are better...))