POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spotlight and media : Re: Spotlight and media Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spotlight and media
From: Carl
Date: 18 Nov 2004 12:25:00
Message: <web.419cda9e3c6e7b27a54c62600@news.povray.org>
I think I've found something according to:

    3.6.2.2  Sampling Parameters & Methods

For media types which interact with spotlights or cylinder lights, the
intervals which are not illuminated by these light types are weighted
differently than the illuminated intervals when distributing samples.

So it looks like media treats spotlights differently the normal lights.  I'm
now playing with some of the media settings talked about in this section to
see if they fix the problem.  So far I've been using the defaults for these
settings.

Carl