POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spotlight and media : Spotlight and media Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Spotlight and media
From: Carl
Date: 17 Nov 2004 21:15:01
Message: <web.419c04b17356f369a54c62600@news.povray.org>
I'm getting a result I didn't expect and don't understand.  I have a light
source inside some media and I get this effect.

http://www.wwwmwww.com/TRON/tanktest3.jpg

I change the light source to a spot light and I get this.

http://www.wwwmwww.com/TRON/tanktest2.jpg

Why is the interaction of the light and the media no longer uniform?  It
looks like an error similar to a coincident surface.  For that mater even
when a normal light source is used the media doesn't look that uniform.
Only at the other edge does it really look right to me.  Can some that
knows more about spot lights and or media tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Carl