POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : no_shadow no_reflection question : Re: no_shadow no_reflection question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no_shadow no_reflection question
From: Carl
Date: 19 Oct 2004 16:05:01
Message: <web.417572c772aec0c7d52696ef0@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
> I've played around with it for a while and have become convinced that
> the answer is no. You either have to think of a completely new method
> for outlining the shapes, live with the problems that you've got or
> reduce the opacity of the outline shapes so that some of the reflections
> can get through.

Thanks.  I can live with the problem.  Considering it took me a while to
even notice I had a problem I'm sure most would never notice.  Is there an
official procedure to follow if I wanted to recommend this capability be
considered for inclusion in a future version of POV-Ray?  Conceptually I
think it'd be easy to add at the code level.

Thanks,
Carl