POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Indoor radiosity : Re: Indoor radiosity Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Indoor radiosity
From: jute
Date: 28 Sep 2004 15:30:00
Message: <web.4159ba8d8cfd44a0b2800eda0@news.povray.org>
"A.Brinkmann" <arb### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> I think, with such a low count you won't get any kind of reliable results,
> the number of samples is just too low. And I do think (without being an

I ran some tests and while the results remain inconclusive, it seems like my
biggest concern is indeed the low sample count.  There's also a noticeable
difference between the halton sample set and Thies Heidecke's 'sunflower'
set that I've been using for the last week -- sunflower gives a lot
brighter (I'd say +0.2 brightness) image with low count.  This is not a
drawback for the sample set, at least now that I know about it.

However, the +w/+h problem clearly manifests itself only with low counts.

The problem of my testing was that I was somewhat unable to reproduce the
symptoms with the camera position I used, even as just yesterday I was
rendering images from the same position and the problem manifested itself
profoundly.

What I've come to believe now is that I'm simply making so many simultaneous
changes to the scene description between renders that I can't really keep
track of them, and it happens that I've changed something even when I
believe I haven't.  In other words, I'm willing to rest this case at least
until I get time to do some *proper* tests and be certain if there really
is something fishy going on.  Besides, I'm getting rather good at
pre-guessing good values for brightness & exposure :D

Now, where was that intersection { ...

--
jussi.kantola