POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Wood coloring help. : Re: Wood coloring help. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood coloring help.
From: miriam english
Date: 10 Sep 2004 21:35:00
Message: <web.4142561bee57d69538f1caf60@news.povray.org>
"Gary Blessing" <ble### [at] icefognet> wrote:

> I can modify the colors alright, just not
> to what I want...

If you use MSWindows get a wonderful little program called Irfanview
http://irfanview.com (it is free for non-commercial use) and display a
picture of the wood. Now click on the part that you want the color of and
irfanview will show the color codes in the title bar. It is a simple
process to enlarge the image and click on parts of the picture and note
down all the values.

If you use Linux, Gimp has a similar capability.

As Gilles said our eyes are subject to the most amazing set of optical
illusions which make it surprisingly difficult to assess colors.