POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : portals : Re: portals Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: portals
From: miriam english
Date: 9 Sep 2004 22:30:00
Message: <web.414111025267edd38f1caf60@news.povray.org>
ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:

> I'm not sure that fits your needs but MegaPOV 1.1 contains camera_view pigment
> type where you can apply of any camera as a pigment to anything.
>
> A few applications of this camera_view pigment can be seen at:
>
> http://megapov.inetart.net/demo/camera_motion.png
> http://megapov.inetart.net/demo/subviews.png
> http://megapov.inetart.net/demo/camera_view_desk.png
>
> All above images were done in single render. Last one is identicall to the
> sample of official POV-Ray thought used camera_view instead of a few rendering
> frames and animation.
>
> http://megapov.inetart.net

I'd previously looked at MegaPOV, but was reluctant to spend a lot of time
exploring what I'd felt might be a temporary fork in the POV-Ray project,
but looking at the features list and some of the insanely cool pictures and
concepts there I don't know if I'll be able to resist much longer. Their
undeniable usefulness mean they are almost certain to end up being
incorporated into the main POV-Ray stream.

The third of your image links is most useful for what I'm wanting to do.
Frankly the MegaPOV realisation of the desk picture positively boggles the
mind! Thanks for pointing this out to me ABX.