POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rotation Matrix around X or Y axis Actual vs. Theoretical : Rotation Matrix around X or Y axis Actual vs. Theoretical Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:06 EDT (-0400)
  Rotation Matrix around X or Y axis Actual vs. Theoretical
From: amjad
Date: 6 Sep 2004 14:40:00
Message: <web.413cae2697efafa9dba5e0750@news.povray.org>
When rotating a camera placed at <0,0,-z> with rotate  <0, y-Angel, > the
produced image behave different than what should I get if Using a Matrix
[cos 0 sin ; 0 1 0; -sin 0 cos] (Typical Single Rotation around Y axis).
The Matrix indicates that the y-coordinate should not change, but What I'm
getting on screen rendering is a change in the <x,y> coordinate? What is
the way in predicting the exact pixel location for an object -say a simple
box place at <x1,y1,z1> - in the image for rotating just the camera? Any
hint or help in this matter is really appreciated. In real life camera is a
simple panning or tilting can be represented using the simple single
rotation matrices? or there will be other parameters that are skipping me?