POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Perspective problem ... : Re: Perspective problem ... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perspective problem ...
From: destroyedlolo
Date: 18 Aug 2004 04:15:00
Message: <web.41230fb0e6dfd373e5987fa60@news.povray.org>
Hi Gilles,

"Gilles Tran" <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> > and I make trace :
> > http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080/~laurent/angle_30.jpg (with "angle
> > 30")
> > http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080/~laurent/sans_angle.jpg (without
> > "angle")
> >

> It's certainly looking better and quite accurate. Too bad that the DEM
> resolution is so low.

And I have also discover some "scanning noise" on some area (oblique lines
close to some mountains). Unfortunatly, it's the better sources I found
that is not too expensive (30 Euro for all France area in 75 meters
resolution). Otherwise, I have to by DEM data from french IGN institute it
cost more money and I have to pay for every area I need.

> I wonder if it would look better without the smoothing
> in fact (the black outlines are artifacts). With some fog, and realistic
> textures and sky, it could be pretty close to the real thing.

As you can see my script
http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080/~laurent/Lac_SlMap.pov is very
simple : my goal there was only to find if I can generate something
acceptable using POV and my DEM. Now, I will play w/ textures to improve
the result and, I hope, hide scanning noise.

Thanks and regards,

Laurent