POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Perspective problem ... : Re: Perspective problem ... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perspective problem ...
From: destroyedlolo
Date: 16 Aug 2004 05:20:01
Message: <web.41207b10e6dfd373e5987fa60@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> news:411### [at] yahoocom...
> > I'm not so sure because It will also rise the 1st plan hill.
> > Anyway, I wander what is wrong there, why I have a so different result
> > in POV compared to the reality ...
>
> First, it can be supposed that the camera position, angle and look_at are
> different in the photo and in your POV-Ray scene.

As it's not my own photo, I'll take another one this afternoon (if the
weather is not too cloudy) and I will provide also information given by my
camera.

> Second, keep in mind that the maximum height of a POV-Ray height_field is
> always, at its maximum, equal to 1. Also, its length and width are always 1.
> This may not be the same as in the DEM specification. If the DEM files use
> real-life dimensions, for instance, then the converted scene should be
> scaled accordingly :
> scale <DEM_size_x, DEM_size_y, DEM_size_z>
> Of course, the camera should then be placed also accordingly.

I think it's OK also because I set :
- DEM_size_x and DEM_size_z accordingly to the size of my DEM file,
- DEM_size_y is set to 65535 as I use 16bits PNG file.

Anyway, I will provide also DEM datafile and script I use.

Bye

Laurent