POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Subsetting Image for Parallel Operation : Subsetting Image for Parallel Operation Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Subsetting Image for Parallel Operation
From: nomail
Date: 23 Apr 2004 16:10:00
Message: <web.40897709ab00645c4fa28b4a0@news.povray.org>
I have a pov file that will take about a month to render as is. I have
access to a number of computers and was planning on using the Start Row,
End Row, Start Col, End Col options to subset out the image and deliver to
each processor. Then using some home built software merge all of the
subsections into one complete image. Problem is that while the image
subsection properly displays in the locally "displayed while rendering"
image it does not in the image output to a file. Have tried this with PNG
and Bmp with same results. Assume I want  to render the section marked X
in:

0000
0000
00X0
0000

The subsection shows up in the proper place while rendering but the image is
saved to a file as:

00X0
0000
0000
0000

I can work around this with extra work but wanted to be sure that this is a
real problem and not one that I have caused.

Thanks for any comments.

Chuck C