POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 3dwin: convert 3ds max 5 and maya 4.5 to povray 3.1/3.5 : Re: 3dwin: convert 3ds max 5 and maya 4.5 to povray 3.1/3.5 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3dwin: convert 3ds max 5 and maya 4.5 to povray 3.1/3.5
From: richardlbj
Date: 15 Sep 2003 15:05:01
Message: <web.3f660c309a8832acee7af6cf0@news.povray.org>
Stephen McAvoy wrote:
>Rhino: OK.
>Men: Adjusted the Diffuse, Ambient and Highlight colours. No eyes in PoseRay
>Bones: OK
>Bishop: Adjusted the Diffuse, Ambient and Highlight colours
>Apple: Adjusted the Diffuse, Ambient and Highlight colours.
>

>Regards
>        Stephen

I got the files and will take a close look tonight. I guess you were right
from the beginning. PoseRay does let you do more than just converting. It
seems that textures need to be worked on either way. In that case PoseRay
is better. 3ds max does export in 3DS but it drops stuff like eyeballs. It
does not export OBJ.

Thanks again for your help,
Richard