POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 3dwin: convert 3ds max 5 and maya 4.5 to povray 3.1/3.5 : Re: 3dwin: convert 3ds max 5 and maya 4.5 to povray 3.1/3.5 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3dwin: convert 3ds max 5 and maya 4.5 to povray 3.1/3.5
From: richardlbj
Date: 14 Sep 2003 23:55:01
Message: <web.3f65372d9a8832ac5c0516240@news.povray.org>
Stephen McAvoy wrote:
>On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:16:43 EDT, "richardlbj" <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
>>I tried 3dwin and PoseRay for converting 3ds max. Have not got any chance to
>>play with maya yet. PoseRay does not support 3ds max directly. However
>>3dwin does, using ASE format, which is an ascii file. Do you mind if I send
>>you a few ASE file to convert to POV-ray with your registered 3dwin, so I
>>would know how well it converts textrues?
>
>Feel free to email me a few ASE files and I will convert them. If 3ds max can
>export *.OBJ or *.3DS  files PoseRay will convert them.
>
>Regards
>        Stephen

Stephen,

The file is about 2.5 mb so I uploaded to
http://members.cox.net/multisync.develop/ase.zip

There are 5 simple modeles and I included my results using the demo 3dwin.
If you can convert them and send me the output POV files, I would
appreciate it greatly. If it works well, I am going to register it.

Thanks a million,
Richard
ric### [at] yahoocom