POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Getting the right finish : Re: Getting the right finish Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting the right finish
From: gonzo
Date: 10 Jan 2003 14:50:04
Message: <web.3e1f1bee4b2a0ac0a0c272b50@news.povray.org>

>> You could use the old theatre-trick of reflecting it in a sheet of glass, and
>> only viewing the reflection.

This would have the drawback of also reflecting other lights in the scene,
although a light group would probably solve that.

>* I was thinking of modelling the Fantastic Four, and considered doing this for
>the invisible woman

I think the specular trick would work very well here. Make her completely
transparent, but set the specularity high enough to highlight facial
features and such (.3 - .5). In a light group this would give you a great
deal of control. You probably don't want reflection in this case.