POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles : Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 4 Dec 2002 03:55:05
Message: <web.3dedc1fbe77700b4c571aa6c0@news.povray.org>
>hmm I've waited hours for 320x240 test renders (and we all know of users who
>wait days for that)

Man is that slow!

>When I build up a scene, I use a
>simpler lighting setup, no radiosity (or very low settings), no reflections
>etc.

I don't think I can simplify my lighting setup. I only have the neccessary
number of light sources to match the locations in the real world scene. As
for no radiosity, for the flouro lights that's a no-can-do.

>As soon as the final render begins, it could last days, I couldn't
>care less (as long as the scene is worth it...)

Only if you have a second computer to handle the slow rendering.

As for test renders, hours or days is far too long. For test renders, 10
minutes is getting too slow, I'd definatly prefer 30 second test renders.

I should probably stop grumbling and go and read a different thread now.

Rohan _e_ii