POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles : Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles
From: JRG
Date: 29 Nov 2002 16:00:16
Message: <web.3de7d420e77700b4978071460@news.povray.org>
Rohan Bernett wrote:
>I tried these settings and the scene slowed down terribly. As I'm writing
>this, the render has been going 56min and is only on line 258.

Which sounds reasonably fast... esp. if you consider that these ones could
serve as not too bad settings for the final render.

>The lo-res
>preview and what's done so far looks pretty good, although there are some
>odd blotches near the light sources.
>
>I hate having to wait ages for just a test render. I think anything over 5
>minutes for an 800*600 image with no AA, is too slow.

hmm I've waited hours for 320x240 test renders (and we all know of users who
wait days for that)... what's the matter? When I build up a scene, I use a
simpler lighting setup, no radiosity (or very low settings), no reflections
etc. As soon as the final render begins, it could last days, I couldn't
care less (as long as the scene is worth it...)

>I hate slow renders.

Everybody does, but remember, first comes quality.

--
Jonathan