POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles : Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 29 Nov 2002 00:50:02
Message: <web.3de6ff1ee77700b4c571aa6c0@news.povray.org>
JRG wrote:

>So run POV-Ray and try something like:
>radiosity {
>pretrace_start 0.08
>pretrace_end 0.01
>count 300
>error_bound 0.1
>recursion_limit 2
>brightness 2 /*3... you may want to tune this value together with the
>brightness of your source*/
>}

I tried these settings and the scene slowed down terribly. As I'm writing
this, the render has been going 56min and is only on line 258. The lo-res
preview and what's done so far looks pretty good, although there are some
odd blotches near the light sources.

I hate having to wait ages for just a test render. I think anything over 5
minutes for an 800*600 image with no AA, is too slow.

I hate slow renders.

Rohan _e_ii