POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles : Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles
From: JRG
Date: 26 Nov 2002 17:05:05
Message: <web.3de3ef44e77700b4978071460@news.povray.org>
Rohan Bernett wrote:
>I've just tried a couple of the suggestions and the scene is a bit brighter,
>but still a bit too dark. I'd say it still needs to be about 10% brighter
>(judging from some fiddling with the image in Paint Shop Pro). Unfortunatly
>the scene is still very blotchy even with these settings:
>
>  radiosity {
>    pretrace_start 0.08
>    pretrace_end   0.4
>    count 1600
>
>    nearest_count 2
>    error_bound 0.9
>    recursion_limit 20
>
>    low_error_factor 0.5
>    gray_threshold 0.0
>    minimum_reuse 0.015
>    brightness 1
>
>    max_sample pow(10,30)
>    adc_bailout 0.01/pow(10,3)
>    //always_sample off
>    //normal on
>    //media on
>    }
>
>Any ideas?

Why don't you just raise the brightness value? That's what I do in most of
my radiosity scenes. Recursion limit 20... are you MAD? :-) crop it to 2,
or 3, and try brightness 2, 3... oh and usually it's pretrace_start >=
pretrace_end.
And don't forget to lower your error_bound to something like, say, 0.1.
So run POV-Ray and try something like:
radiosity {
pretrace_start 0.08
pretrace_end 0.01
count 300
error_bound 0.1
recursion_limit 2
brightness 2 /*3... you may want to tune this value together with the
brightness of your source*/
}

--
Jonathan