POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Frosted light globes : Frosted light globes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Frosted light globes
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 25 Nov 2002 20:30:04
Message: <web.3de2cd784d4a46d15f3c4db30@news.povray.org>
One thing I would like to know how to do is simulate the light emitted from
a frosted light globe. Most light bulbs used around the house are frosted
to reduce sharp shadows. Now, the light sources in pov-ray act like clear
globes, which produce sharp shadows. I would like to simulate frosted light
globes to mach the real ones in the locations in the scene of my living
room. I tried using circular area lights with the orient keyword, but it
didn't help much and slowed the scene down way too much. I made the area
lights cover the same volume as the lightbulb does and used 3*3 lights.

Anyone have any ideas what to do?

Rohan _e_ii