POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles : Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 25 Nov 2002 20:15:05
Message: <web.3de2c9f1e77700b4b2769afa0@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:
>"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in news:3ddba725[at]news.povray.org
>
>> How about raising recursion_limit a little? If
>> I'm not mistaken, thats what sets a limit for
>> light bouncing off of other areas (so your "light-source"
>> might light the lamp (limit 1) bounce off and hit another
>> area (limit 2), and thats it. But I could be wrong. Try raising
>> it to 3 or 4, maybe even 5, and see what happens...
>
>Oh yes - I  forgot - this also is very importent, even using 9 or 10 may be
>a must to get proper results.

I've tried bumping it all the way up to 20 and STILL the scene is too dark!

I'll try a couple of the suggestions in the thread and see how they go.
Hopefully they won't make the scene unbearably slow. As we all know, an
extremely slow radiosity scene is a real pain when trying to test renders
of it, particulary when using radiosity lighting like this one. The
finished scene will also include some standard lights for other light
sources present in the scene.

Sorry about not posting any replies for so long, but I'm on uni holidays at
the moment and don't get onto the internet very often during the holidays.

Rohan _e_ii