POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to turbulate a function? : How to turbulate a function? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:27 EDT (-0400)
  How to turbulate a function?
From: Pyry
Date: 4 Oct 2002 05:10:04
Message: <web.3d9d5a426999568011b82ee40@news.povray.org>
(I couldn't find this searching to news-group)
I'd like to add turbulence on my isosurface-functions.

Of course I could do it with a turbulated pigment and convert it to a
function, but converting a function pattern to a isosurface function is
quite slow to render.

So how do I add turbulence to a regular function?
How does turbulence work in a mathematical way?